Eight people will be honored during this year’s American Medical Informatics Association annual symposium after winning the organization’s awards that recognize significant contributions in the field of informatics.
The AMIA announced its 2018 Signature and Leadership Award winners earlier this month. Signature Award winners include:
- J. Marc Overhage, MD, PhD, chief medical informatics officer of the Cerner Corporation, for the Donald A.B. Lindberg Award for Innovation in Informatics
- Julia Alder-Milstein, PhD, associate professor and director of the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, for the Don Eugene Detmer Award for Health Policy Contribution in Informatics
- George Hripcsak, MD, professor and chair of the Columbia University Department of Biomedical Informatics, for the William W. Stead Award for Thought Leadership in Informatics
- Bonnie Westra, PhD, RN, associate professor at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing, for the Virginia K. Saba Informatics Award
- Jeremy Warner, MD, assistant professor at Vanderbilt University, for the New Investigator Award
Leadership Award winners include:
- Sarah A. Collins, PhD, RN,
- Jeffery A. Nielson, MD, MS, FACEP
- Lucila Ohno-Machado, MBA, MD, PhD
The winners will be honored during the AMIA 2018 Annual Symposium next month in San Francisco.